Tuesday 12 February 2013

One word





Day 4 of Beyond Layers and we were challenged to think of one single word, mood or thought…… and then set out to create a photo around your theme. Well we had a really busy weekend, football, swimming, walking (in the rain!) and playing so photography has taken second place.

I decided to have a play with some of the forget-me-nots that my daughter picked for me from our garden for the beyond layers day 4 challenge. Well the word that immediately sprung to mind for me was beauty, so I created and image around that, hopefully it works.

I had a pretty bad photo day today, well all non children shots anyway! This one I messed up BIG time, I really should have used EV compensation , but just forgot and because I “could not be bothered” to shoot again I thought I would see if I could save it as usually shots like this I just automatically delete from my hard-drive.


First of all I increased the exposure in Lightroom by 1.25 and then changed the white balance from Auto to daylight, finally I increased the clarity to 25% to get this


Finally I transferred the image to Photoshop Elements then
  • duplicated the background layer , Multiply @ 50%
  • added texture kk_plastersquared, Multiply @50%
  • added texture kk_plastersquared, Multiply @50%
  • added text layer, colour burn @ 55%

“Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art.”

- Ralph Waldo Emerson



2 comments:

  1. This is simply gorgeous! Great save!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Barb, I am so glad that I did manage to save this, it has made me look at shots a second time now before I delete.

    ReplyDelete